Do you or someone you know suffer from Migraines? June is National Migraine Awareness Month, you can help bring attention to this health issue that many people face in our country. According to the National Headache Foundation:
- Migraines are the most common type of headache associated with in-patient stays, comprising 63.1 percent of all hospital stays with headache as a first-listed diagnosis.
- Nine out of 10 migraine sufferers report they can’t “function normally” during days in which a migraine strikes, and nearly three in 10 require bed rest.
- Approximately 30 percent of migraine sufferers did not participate in a family or social activity due to a migraine.
- Every day approximately 430,000 people are unable to work due to migraines, equaling about 157 million workdays lost annually.
- Industry loses $31 billion per year due to absenteeism, lost productivity and medical expenses associated to this neurological disorder.
Learn more about Migraines and how you can find relief: